We're delighted to announce the latest developments from one of our project partners aimed at advancing the use of 3D technology and digitization within the realm of cultural heritage. CARARE, our 5Dculture partner, is continuing its webinar series on 3D content with a new event ...
The 5Dculture project
What we do and why it is important.
- Fashion Collections - exploring the creation of a more engaging and immersive museum experience for fashion heritage. Read more
- Archaeological 3D Content - to explore how 3D content enhances visitors experience of archaeological monuments and evaluate the creation of different 3D surrogates and the value these have for different sectors (tourism, education, gaming, the arts, conservation and heritage management). Read more
- Historic Buildings and Cityscapes - to provide scenarios, content and tools to create 3D related applications particularly for historic buildings / cityscapes for virtual cultural tourism, research and education
- Identify and deliver high-quality 3D content by examining and, when needed, enhancing existing datasets from partners’ collections and Europeana around the topics of fashion, architecture and archaeology
- Demonstrate 8 different reuse scenarios which will experiment with the aforementioned assets in their complexity (from high-quality to derivatives) in a particular domain (e.g. education, tourism, museums)
- Deploy relevant AI and machine-learning tools for categorising and processing 3D assets and making them shareable, linkable and easily accessible, and creating a Community of Practice (CoP) for tools that can be used in order to enable 3D content reuse
- Create and promote capacity building materials and activities to equip cultural heritage institutions with the necessary knowledge and skills for a wider uptake of 3D technologies and ignite the reuse of their 3D cultural assets
- Make the results of the projects well known to all stakeholders in the value chain (cultural heritage organisations and staff, creative industry professionals, educational actors, researchers and innovators, policy makers)
From the blog
Interesting articles and news about the project
On the occasion of the International Day for Women and Girls in Science (9-12 February 2024), the Institute of Research in Iberian Archaeology at the University of Jaén has organized an educational activity aimed at promoting gender equality and highlighting the role of women in ...
The "Encuentros UJA" (Meetings University of Jaén) is an initiative of the University of Jaén aimed at students in their final year of secondary education (around 17 years old). Over a two-week period (15-26 January 2024), students from various institutes in the province of Jaén ...